Do you have a hot lead on a story about these tough economic times? Email us at thesetoughblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back in Business!

America, I apologize for our lack of bloggery, which lord knows is sorely needed in these tough economic times. We are not ignorant to the fact that this blog brought a brief moment of respite and levity to millions of you laid-off and about-to-be-laid-off blog-readers. None of you killed yourselves, did you? I hope not.

You know what the problem is? Someone at the New York Times must have realized we were making fun of their stupid articles about rich people becoming slightly less rich, because they stopped writing so many. We're lazy, you guys. We can't just come up with blog ideas on our OWN. So we kind of shut ourselves away for a while and watched our official crying movie (A League of Their Own) until we were ready to come back out into the public sphere again.

And here we are! How about that recession, huh? I actually noticed in some Times article the other day, the author just came right out and said "Great Recession". Like he decided "fuck it, we've been pussyfooting around long enough and if no one else is going to make the call on it, then goddammit, I AM. I am a NEW YORK TIMES REPORTER. And I'm going to call it the GREAT RECESSION." Bravo, sir.

In other news, things are not looking good for Obama's health care initiative. I can't really even talk about this, as it makes me too mad. Who doesn't want universal health care? Rich assholes who can afford good health insurance, that's who. They don't get to decide! Go buy your stupid Blue Cross Blue Shield, rich people! Leave me my socialized medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment